When you are configuring iOS to use a proxy server, you need to make sure that your proxy server is linked to every network that you access. In this article, we are going to show you how to configure iOS to use a proxy so that you don’t have anything to worry about.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE WELCOME EMAIL. YOU WILL NEED TO AUTHENTICATE YOUR IP ADDRESS FIRST.
How to Configure iOS to use a Proxy
1. Go to your “Settings.”
On your iPhone or iPad, open your “Settings.”
2. Click on “Wi-Fi.”
When you reach your Wi-Fi page, you should make sure that you are connected to the network that you want your proxy server to work with. If you are not, you should connect before going any further.
3. Click on the network that you wish to access. Scroll down until you reach the “HTTP Proxy” setting.
After clicking on the network that you wish to access, you will reach a page that is full of technical-looking information. This usually includes things like “DNS” and “Search Domains.” Scroll down the page until you reach the “HTTP Proxy” section.
4. Under “HTTP Proxy” click either “Manual” or “Auto.”
When you are configuring iOS to use a proxy, you need to decide whether you are going to be connecting manually or automatically. If you choose to connect automatically, your iPhone or iPad will automatically configure your settings for you. You will still have to enter your automatic proxy configuration script.
5. When setting up a “Manual” proxy server, make sure that you input all of your details properly.
If you click “Manual,” you will have to input your proxy server address and your port code. We would recommend checking these details twice so that you don’t have any issues. If you click the “Authentication” button, you will be prompted to input your username and password.
6. Add your proxy server to all of your networks.
Once you have added your proxy server details to one of your networks, you will have to add your proxy server details to any others that you want to access. We would recommend doing this all at once so that you don’t miss any.
7. Check that your proxy server is working.
Checking whether or not your proxy server is working on an iPhone or an iPad is really easy. If you go to Safari when it isn’t working, you will be met by a message that tells you that your server cannot be found. You’ll also encounter a similar message over in the App Store. If this happens, we would recommend fixing your proxy settings immediately so that you can access the internet.
Setting up a proxy in Mozilla Firefox can be a little bit difficult if you’ve never set up a proxy before. This article will teach you how to use a proxy with Firefox in just a few easy steps.
BE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE WELCOME EMAIL.
YOU WILL NEED TO AUTHENTICATE YOUR IP ADDRESS BEFORE YOUR PROXIES WILL WORK.
1. Click on the Mozilla Firefox menu – the icon with three lines in the top right corner.
When you open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on the menu button at the top right-hand corner of your screen. This should be situated just beneath the close button.
2. Click on the “Options” button with the cog.
A small grid of menu options with icons will open. Click the “Options” button at the bottom of the menu. This button has a cog just above it.
3. On the left side, you’ll see a series of different icons. Click on the icon that says “Advanced.”
A new window will open with a series of different icons down the left side. You need to click on the “Advanced” button, a button with a witch hat icon.
4. Click on the button that says “Network.”
At the top of the “Advanced” page, there are a few different buttons in a row. Click on the button in the middle that says, “Network.”
5. Underneath the “Connection” heading, click on the “Settings” button so that you can configure how Mozilla Firefox connects to the Internet.
When you click “Settings,” you will be able to configure your proxies so that they work with Mozilla Firefox.
6. When your “Connection Settings” open, you’ll be presented with four different options. Click on the one that says “Manual proxy configuration.”
Once your “Connection Settings” pop-up opens, you will have to change it from whatever it is on to “Manual proxy configuration.” This will enable you to connect Mozilla Firefox to whichever proxy you would like to use.
7. Enter the details for your proxy server.
If you know the details for your proxy server, you will have to enter them now. Make sure that you double-check that you have all of the details right.
8. Double-check that your proxy server is working.
Using an IP checking website, check that your IP address is displaying the way that you want it to be displaying. If your proxy server is working, your proxy server’s IP address is the one that you will see.