Setting up a proxy in Mozilla Firefox can be a little bit difficult if you’ve never set up a proxy before. This article will teach you how to use a proxy with Firefox in just a few easy steps.
BE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE WELCOME EMAIL.
YOU WILL NEED TO AUTHENTICATE YOUR IP ADDRESS BEFORE YOUR PROXIES WILL WORK.
1. Click on the Mozilla Firefox menu – the icon with three lines in the top right corner.
When you open your Mozilla Firefox browser, click on the menu button at the top right-hand corner of your screen. This should be situated just beneath the close button.
2. Click on the “Options” button with the cog.
A small grid of menu options with icons will open. Click the “Options” button at the bottom of the menu. This button has a cog just above it.
3. On the left side, you’ll see a series of different icons. Click on the icon that says “Advanced.”
A new window will open with a series of different icons down the left side. You need to click on the “Advanced” button, a button with a witch hat icon.
4. Click on the button that says “Network.”
At the top of the “Advanced” page, there are a few different buttons in a row. Click on the button in the middle that says, “Network.”
5. Underneath the “Connection” heading, click on the “Settings” button so that you can configure how Mozilla Firefox connects to the Internet.
When you click “Settings,” you will be able to configure your proxies so that they work with Mozilla Firefox.
6. When your “Connection Settings” open, you’ll be presented with four different options. Click on the one that says “Manual proxy configuration.”
Once your “Connection Settings” pop-up opens, you will have to change it from whatever it is on to “Manual proxy configuration.” This will enable you to connect Mozilla Firefox to whichever proxy you would like to use.
7. Enter the details for your proxy server.
If you know the details for your proxy server, you will have to enter them now. Make sure that you double-check that you have all of the details right.
8. Double-check that your proxy server is working.
Using an IP checking website, check that your IP address is displaying the way that you want it to be displaying. If your proxy server is working, your proxy server’s IP address is the one that you will see.